jillsywillsy

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Funny little things...


I am blessed with a sister with vision. We found these little somethings at a local thrift store, and she encouraged me to begin another collection. I consider myself a semi-collecter. I have begun more collections then I actually maintain, they are for me, portable interests at best. I like them, I display them, I admire them, and then I tire of them and 'off with their heads' they are gone! Luckily I don't carry the same sentiments for my family members. I am finding it easier to love my little collages of stuff in this old house. Somehow they feel like they belong a little more then they did in suburbia. However, I get the feeling that the groupings see me as the outsider. They are the "in" crowd, I am the "wanna be." All of a sudden I am 12 again and it is time to pick teams for kick ball. Stupid clocks, maybe its time for you to get the tick tock out of here!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative writing and a nice blog. When can we expect more? ~Pop

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting...
~ Pop

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lilli in Vancouver said...

I think that cream-coloured clock in the foreground would be perfect in my 40s bungalow! Now, I just have to find one in Vancouver :)

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home