jillsywillsy

Friday, January 12, 2007

the angle formed by two radii of a circle that are drawn to the extremities of an arc equal to one quarter of the circle....

Corners are really neat things. The right angels they create are interesting if not pleasing to me. Corners represent the ending of one thing and the beginning of another. A change in direction, and opportunity for something new. Corners are cool. I found this filing cabinet in a corner, and now it has a new home....in a corner.
You never know where you will find things that please you. In the back of this old house is a cottage that at the same time is a guest space, garage, carport and storage closet. It is one of my husband's favorite spaces and he has worked hard to fill it with his things. Perhaps that is because I have worked equally hard to fill the house with my things. Well after taking ownership of the property we explored a bit and found this not so little thing in the corner of the garage part of the cottage. It was just sitting there empty, unloved and unwanted. My heart leaped with joy and I just knew I had to have it for the family room! After much explaining, just a bit of whining and a good dash of anger my sweetie loaded it up on the moving cart and hauled it in to the house, setting it in place, where it must now stay as I will NEVER get him to move it again! It is filled with VCR tapes, poetic justice, I'd say, both have outlast there service in this modern day. Not a few visitors wrinkle up their noses and wonder why when they see it standing there in its new corner, so happy to be able to breathe, so happy to see the light of each day and the twinkling lights that night brings. I'd explain but there really is no use, if you don't love it instantly, then you'll never really understand, a polite nod of OK Jill is about all I'll ever get so why bother, I'm used to it. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, I just behold it in some strange circumstances. Living in an old house, you get the sense that there is always something around the corner, a new discovery, a new option, a new perspective. Old houses and corners, now that's what I'm talking about!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a perfect cabinet for storage! You make that old house smile with all the attention and care you give it. I came by to see if the pink clock was here yet :) I'll go revisit Kim in the morning to see if there is an update, it's sleepy time over here.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What clock Donners?? ;-)

Jill, you were so lucky to find this cabinet on your home's property! It was meant to be in your lovely corner, dressed in your hip and happenin' style ~ love it! Thank you for sharing a new decorated corner of your home. Now go snap another picture!
xo,
Clockless Kim

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home