jillsywillsy

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Flora has some exciting news....



After years of languishing under the heavy weight of dull grey and chipping paint, even duller grey trim and lackluster red awnings, our little girl is looking fresh and perky in her paradise green, white trim and bright red awnings. Of course this project is taking some time for my dearest sweetest hubby to complete, what with all those clapboards to caulk and that old paint to remove. The time is well spent as passers by actually realize for the first time that, yes there is a house on that lot after all. Yep, she makes a statement alright, a loud whooping holler of a statement. Choosing a color was not an easy task. Not living among the beige people, it was important that we chose wisely, respectfully, yet individually. I think we hit the last one on the head. It's unique, that much is true. I thought and thought about my choices. Play it safe, just for once in your life, stick to what works kept being played over and over in my head. I'd stand firmly on my choice only to cave in and second, third and even fourth guess myself. Finally I said enough, I listened closely to my lovely Flora and heard her pleas clearly, she wanted to be noticed, she was ready to step away from the doldrums, she wanted to be dressed in a party dress. Good for you Flora, its about time you perked up and contributed to the neighborhood fair. With each stroke of the brush she comes to life, standing a little straighter, a little prouder as if to say, look at me, I'm getting ready for a soiree', care to join me?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color you have chosen. I can't wait to see the trim and the color of the front door. It will be beautiful when finished and will stand on its own. It will be as unique and lovely as the artistic person who lives there.
Connie

11:02 PM  
Blogger Donna, The Decorated House said...

Oh Ms. Flora! I'm ready to put up my hair and put on my party dress in her honor. I can hear your lovely house singing all the way over here. She is so happy to have someone who loves her.
Donna

3:48 PM  
Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Jill, I'm friends with your sis, Kim...and am happy to visit you too! I will definitely have to poke around your blog & see what you're up to also. Kim is such a sweetheart & she speaks highly of you, so I look forward to getting to know you too. Love your new green on the house...can't wait to see the finale! Please come and visit me when you get a chance!

http://southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot.com/

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please show more. I can't wait to see completed pics of Flora sporting her new look.
~ Pop

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new color of Flora! She makes your street pop! I drove by on my way to downtown the other day and it all looks so beautiful! LOVE the red awnings and your new door! Lots of hard work, but SO worth it, right?!?

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home