jillsywillsy

Friday, March 16, 2007

When you care enough to send the very best


We have already established that I love all things odd. "Normal" just isn't in my vocabulary. We have also established that I am a Habitat for Humanity thrift store junky. I can usually find wonderful little oddities there, and they usually find their way into my car and my heart. This light fixture is just the latest in the growing list of HfH finds. My wonderful hubby and I picked this little one up for just $10.00. I didn't even think to see how it was supposed to be hung. It looked like a ceiling mount to me and it wasn't until I got the thing home, DH had the ceiling fan down and was perch on top of a step stool ready to hang it, that I noticed the label inside that said, "wall mount only" crap, double crap! I don't have use for a wall mount hanging light, I needed a fun and corky ceiling mounted light. Crap! Now in these situations there is only one thing to do, besides yelling crap, call my sweetheart of a brother in law, Kevin to help. See DH is swell and all, he's a keeper, but anything outside of matching colored wires and he freaks. Not one to find satisfaction in a problem solved; he is more of the shrugging shoulders, wrinkle up the brow, I don't care how much you cry and throw yourself on the floor, it is meant to be a wall mounted fixture and that's it, kind of person. But my BiL, he's the go to guy in a pinch, heck he's the go to guy in any situation. I am so grateful that he not only possesses the skills, but catch him on the right day, under the right stars, and in the right state of mind and he's a true problem solver extrodanaire! In a matter of minutes, ok it took an hour, the thing was reworked and wa-la one beautiful, corky, odd ceiling mounted light fixture was up and working. Is there such a thing as BiL day? Cause I'm thinking there should be...maybe I'll contact Hallmark, they're always in the market for a new holiday to shove down our throats...

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim -today's creative blog said...

good for you........go against the rules. I love it.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm way too humble for all of this attention ;-)
I think it looks pretty cool and am glad you like it.
Call anytime...
BiL (aka Pop)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Now that's a great BIL! (would that be DH to our precious Kim?) What a funky looking fixture...and it works too. Looking good, Jill. Love your tirade description..sometimes pitching a fit will get you a long way (and sometimes NOT)...LOL. Good that you didn't just give up. My DH isn't handy either. :(

Rhoda
Southern Hospitality

6:42 PM  
Blogger Betty Jo said...

Hi Jill, I followed your link from Kim's Daisy Cottage. I adore the way you write. I'll visit again for sure. xoxo

3:29 PM  
Blogger Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hey Jill,
I came by before and saw the new coolio fixture but it wouldn't let me post. I'm sure it's me not paying attention when I log in.

Anyway, I got to come back for a second look. Very sweet of the kind BIL Kevin to come and help out. Your own honey did a good job getting everything ready for him though. :)

Be sure to call your friends at Hallmark, they would be so happy to hear from you about their marketing. LOL
Donna

5:09 PM  
Blogger jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

just passing threw,come on over for a visit

12:29 AM  
Blogger dawnkristine said...

Great post! I just found your blog and I will return! Thank goodness for Bil!!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Liz Harrell said...

I stopped in by way of Daisy Cottage. Is that a turquoise kitchen I see back there? I love it!!!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. did you forget about us???

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home